Sunday 15 February 2015

GAZPACHO SOUP

When I decided to make this soup for the very first time (not sure if I can use the word “cook” since there is no cooking involved), the recipe I chose to follow called for fresh tomatoes.  As this fruit in Australia is perpetually quite expensive, $4/kilo and more, and you need to peel them, I decided to cut corners and use canned ones instead.  I liked it, my family liked it and my guest like it too.  On top of that, it takes no time to make it.

gazpacho delicious cold soup

To feed 8 people you need:
2X400 grams cans of chopped tomatoes (your preferred brand)
2 red capsicums
1 medium cucumber (peeled and seeds scraped)
1 medium Spanish onion
2 cloves of garlic (I adore garlic and use 4 or 5 cloves)
4 tbs of olive oil
1 tbs of red wine vinegar
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
A drop of two of Tabasco sauce
Handful of basil or parsley leaves (your own preference)


Method:
Place all the ingredients in a food processor and blitz, I like mine to be fairly smooth with a bit of texture.  Check the seasoning and adjust to your taste.
If you and your guests are feeling a bit adventurous, add a splash of vodka to the soup.
To serve - pour the soups into bowls, splash with extra virgin olive olive, sprinkles few basil leaves on top and warm crusty bread on the side.

It is delicious healthy summer soup is perfect to be served on a hot summer day for lunch or dinner.

Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment