Thursday 19 March 2015

MIDDLE EASTERN DISH OF GROUND MEAT AND TAHINI

Seniyeh is a traditional Middle Eastern dish of ground meat and tahini.  I came across this recipe while leafing through a lovely book called “Taste of Israel. A Mediterranean Feast”, given to my by one of my friends who knows too well my love for this kind of food.

middle eastern food, delicious beef recipe

 I liked the combination of ingredients and the simplicity of execution, so I decided to give it a go.

To feed 6 people you need:
1 kg of ground/minced beef, lamb or veal
2 tbsp chopped parsley
2 tbsp finely chopped onion
1 tbsp of plain flour
1 tbsp of vegetable oil
½ tsp of chili flakes
½ tsp of salt
½ tsp of ground black pepper
4 tbsp of tahini paste
2 tbsp of lemon juice
2 tbsp of water
Pine nuts to garnish

Method:
Pre-heat oven to 180C.  Combine the meat with the vegetables, flour, oil, chili flakes, salt and pepper and press into a round ovenproof dish around 17-20 cm in diameter.

delicious middle eastern beef recipe

 Using the fork, beat together the tahini paste, lemon juice and water into a smooth consistency, then spread it over the meat and sprinkle with pine nuts.

delicious middle eastern beef recipe

Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until the top is golden brown and serve immediately.

delicious middle eastern beef recipe

I served it first to my family and we all absolutely loved it.  It is very warm, feeling and quite rich so the best way to serve is just with a simple green salad and some pickles.

Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment